Friday 7 November 2014

Eminem: I would have died from overdose--Former addict looks haggard at WSJI awards show

42-year old Rap star Eminem (pictured above, Eminem now (left and top right) Eminem before (below right) stepped out on Wednesday for the Wall Street Journal's Innovator Of The Year awards in New York looking haggard and gaunt; an indication, the years of abuse seem to have had a lasing impact on his face. He was at the award to honor his former mentor Dr. Dre and Beats co-founder Jimmy Iovine for their entrepreneurship.

Eminem (left), Beats co-founder Jimmy Iovine (center) and  Dr. Dre (right)
However, the rapper admitted to extreme drug use which almost cost him his life following an overdose while speaking in a documentary that was released last year--How to Make Money Selling Drugs--Eminem said:
"Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis, they didn’t think I was gonna make it."

Eminem's started using drugs when he was on set 16 hours a day and could not sleep during the filming of his movie 8 Mile. He was placed on Ambien-a prescription which he got hooked to. Also, he admitted abusing other prescription drugs-Vicodin and Valium. 



credit: Getty/dailymail





No comments: