Friday 24 October 2014

Lovesick Chinese woman spends a week in KFC-Chengdu after being dumped by boyfriend

A 26-year old Chinese woman-Tan Shen, who was dumped by her boyfriend spent an entire week in a KFC eating extra large fries and fried chicken wings as a means to mending her broken heart.

Shen, from Chengdu, Sichuan Province, phone in sick to work just to have full sanctuary of the restaurant, which was near to her home.
As reported by Dailymail, Tan said:
  • "I was walking around feeling miserable and decided to stop off at the KFC at the train station. I hadn’t planned on staying there long, I just wanted some chicken wings. But once I got in there and started eating I decided I needed time to think. I didn’t want to go back to my apartment because it was full of memories of him. So I stayed." 
Though Tan was not doing the KFC employees any harm, they began to worry about her after few days of 24 hours camping at the restaurant.
  • "We work in shifts here and the restaurant is open 24 hours a day, so we get a lot of people coming through. At first no one really noticed her. But after a few days I began thinking she looked really familiar. Then I realised we had been serving her for the past three days and that she hadn’t actually left. When we asked her if she was ok, she said she was and just needed time to think. And then asked for another box of chicken wings with extra large fries. She was after all a paying customer, even if a bit of an odd one," said a 22-year old KFC Worker Jiang Li Lung.

Shen decided it was time to leave the restaurant and city and go home to her parents in Qingdao city, Shandong province, when the local media showed up after a week at the KFC.
  • "I decided the best thing to do would be to leave the city and go back to my parents-in Quingdao city in east China’s Shandong Province and left. I had already told work I was off sick, so phoned them and said I was leaving. And I was getting sick of the taste of chicken so there was no point in staying there anymore."
 See more photos below...


 












No comments: