Wednesday 7 January 2015

Meet the family that name their children after "Whisky Brands"

"Jack Daniels" welcomes his baby boy "Jim Beam". 
The Leathers family from Louisiana has proved that weird baby names like "North West" and "Blue Ivy" aren't for celebs only. ‘Jack Daniels’ Leathers name their kids after alcoholic beverage in order to keep up with their family tradition.

Jack, 31, and his wife Lydia, 23, said that they decided early-on in their relationship that they wanted to continue the whiskey-name tradition that Jack’s parents had started. 
“My parents decided they wanted to name their son something to make their parents mad,” Jack explained. “And, at the time, my dad was drinking Jack, which he enjoyed. My mom said, ‘Why not?’”

According to Jack, nobody believed his name until he showed his ID.
“Nobody believed my name until I showed them my ID. When I went into the Army, sergeants would yell, How much more American can you get than Jack Daniels?’ I went through most of my Army career not hearing my last name because people would call me Jack Daniels.”
The Whisky names sure would not end now as Jack plans to continue the eccentric naming convention for his future children as well. 
“If we have another child, our second born will be Evan Williams, after the bourbon. If it’s a girl, she will be Sherry, like the cooking sherry,” he said. 
Even the Judge who wedded Jack and Lydia turned red when he realised he was marring Lydia to 'Jack Daniels'. “When Judge Johnny Walker realised that he was marrying Lydia to Jack Daniels, he turned red,” He added. And now that they have named their son Jim Beam, the couple are trying to get in touch with the Judge and notify him about it.

Maybe this time the Judge Johnny Walker would turn blue, yellow or green...lmao

No comments: