Monday 1 December 2014

CHINA: 19-year-old teen live-posts his suicide on Weibo

In recent times, social networking has evolved to something extreme and beyond explanation. It has become a platform for millions of purposes even live posts of suicides and murder intentions...ranging from suicide selfies to suicide videos and posts.

On Sunday, Nov. 30th, a 19-year-old in teen with the last name Zeng from Sichuan-China published a set of grim posts to his Weibo (a microblogging site) account just before his death. According to reports, the motive behind his suicide was related to a failed relationship.
Read what he wrote before he killed himself below: 
“The coal is burning. The sleeping pills are working. I don’t want to die but I can’t save myself now.” 

(Read more of his posts after the cut)...
“Today is November 30. I don’t know if hospitals and stores are open this early or not. I thought calmly for a long time and decided to leave. Don’t try to persuade me. I hope there won’t be much pain afterwards. I feel sorry for my decision, but I cannot hold on anymore. There wouldn’t be so much sorrow and helplessness in another world. I am going to die and see you in the next life. You've blocked me even in my last minutes."

His post picked up more than 130,000k comments,  while many were sympathetic, some had left negative comments on Zeng's posts, encouraging him to go through with the suicide.    

However, Police found him after Weibo users alerted them but by the time he was taken to a hospital, it was too late to save him. All of the posts were deleted by his friend, with the permission of his parents.


via: Beijing News, Shanghaiist

No comments: