Tuesday 23 September 2014

Taking Massage To A Different Level

Of all the ways to get a massage, 51 year-old Li Chia chooses to roll himself down 30 concrete steps every morning at Xi'an Changle Park to receive a thorough massage that addresses all the pressure points in his body.  He rocks himself back up to the top from the bottom of the stairs.

In his words as reported (odditycentral),
“I got the idea from rolling on pebbles at a health club, and when I couldn’t find any pebbles at my local park, I decided to try the stairs and was surprised to find it really works,” Chia explained. “I have always been a great fan of Chinese massage and the possibility that pressure points can do all sorts of things including relieving stress. After all, that’s why massage is so popular,” he said. “However, I don’t believe that any masseuse will be able to give me the sort of massage I get from the impact of the stairs. I find it’s a great way to relieve pressure and has all sorts of other health benefits as well.”

Li Chia has been practicing the odd massage technique for over three years, and he hasn’t had a single injury, not even a bruise. Li also happens to be a marathon runner and amateur motorcycle rider.

Kudos Li Chia!

The fun part of all is that Chia does not recommend that anyone else try it, because it does have a serious potential for injury. (seriously?)


No comments: