Saturday 27 September 2014

8-Inch-Long Beard, the Secret to Long Happy Marriage?

65-year old Mukhtabor Toraeva from Turbat, in Southern Kazakhstan says her whooping 8-inch long beard is the secret for her successful 42-year marriage.

Speaking with Vancouverdesi she said:
“My husband married me when my beard had already started to grow.
“He loves it and we now have a son, a daughter and six grandchildren.
“Although beards run on my side of the family, my daughter does not have one and although both my mother and my grandmother have them, they are not as fine as mine.”
“Theirs only reached six inches”.
Mukhtabor who started growing her beard at 25, says people have always admired her for it. Her friends and relatives appreciate her, even strangers she meets when she travels to the neighbouring Uzbekistan. “And at the border they often want to take pics with me to show it to their wives or mothers. “I would say my beard at least helps me to cross the border easily and without complications,” she added.

Now retired Mukhtabor has become a minor celebrity, with fans praising her for appearing on TV with her beard.
Kazakh Women’s Rights campaigner Aisara Baiseitova said: “It’s really impressive to see such a genuinely lovely person so happy with the way she looks.
“There is so much pressure on women today to look glamorous and sexy, and to shave every part of the bodies. Seeing and listening to this woman should be an inspiration to us all."

Seriously, what do you think?

No comments: