Thursday 25 December 2014

13-year-old Kano suicide bomber says father donated her to Boko Haram

A 13-year-old suicide bomber who was arrested by the Kano state Police command yesterday Dec. 24th has confessed that it was her father that donated her to the deadly Boko Haram sect. The girl identified as Zahra'u Babban Gida was found with explosives strapped on her body opposite the Kantin-Kwari textile market, same place where two female suicide bombers detonated bombs two weeks ago killing many.

According to her, the unknown men told her to carry out the suicide attack in order to make heaven or they would kill her if she doesn't follow through with the bomb attack. 
“I was in the bush when the people some who looks like Arabs and some huge black men told me that did I know what is suicide mission, that is one killing himself? I said no I don’t know, they explained it to me and said that if I did plus reciting Sura Albakara I will straight go to Paradise.  I declined and told them I will not do it, they now told me that they would dig a hole and bury me alive because that is what they do to all women who refuse to adhere to their demands, and they said they meant what they said, I now complied,” Zahharau narrated.
Hpwever, the Kanor state government said that the young girl was not one of the missing Chibok girls.The Kano State Commissioner of Police Alhaji Tashid Aderile Shinaba said she was arrested by police officers who found her moves suspicious.

No comments: